Delegates will know how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse. You will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
Delegates will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as they can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get help.
Delegates will gain the knowledge and understanding of the following:
- How to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition.
- How to recognise and manage stress.
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
- The impact of substance abuse on mental health.
- The first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place.
- How to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.