- The role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assess an incident
- The unconscious casualty
- The choking casualty
- External bleeding and wound management
- Shock management
- Minor injuries
- The Secondary Survey
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Suspected head and spinal injuries
- Suspected chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Suspected major illnesses.
Final assessment will be through observation and two MCQ papers.
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will receive a Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work approved for the purpose of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and 1982 (NI), which is valid for 3 years.
This certificate is valid for 3 years from date of issue. Recertification training (2 day course) must be completed before date of expiry of current certification or the full 3 day course will have to be attended again.