To provide skills relating to research methodology, an understanding of the significance of clinical research in modern medicine and outlining the basic concepts of clinical research writing.
- Overview of the significance of clinical research in modern medicine.
- How to search, filter and evaluate relevant articles on scientific databases.
- Key ethical principles and consent behind clinical research.
- Key concepts for writing clinical research articles.
- Structuring original/ reviews/ short communication and other types of manuscripts.
- Discuss appropriate journal selection, and rejection, revision, and resubmission.
- Discuss the key concepts regarding doing poster presentations, oral presentations on scientific forums.
At the end of the course, the candidates should be able to:
- Have a good understanding of clinical research’s importance in modern medicine.
- Find relevant articles on various scientific databases.
- Understand the key issues regarding ethics and consent in clinical research.
- Recognise key concepts relating to writing a scientific article.
- Structure different types of manuscripts (Original research, narrative reviews, systematic reviews, letter to the editor, case report).
- Identify relevant journals, and be able to revise the manuscript accordingly.
- Outline the basic concepts regarding oral and poster presentation on scientific platforms.