This update covers core principle subjects for the whole dental team and meets all the criteria for verifiable CPD recognised in the UK.
- Oral Cancer
- Dental Radiography
- Safeguarding Adult and Children
- CPR with AED Training and Medical Emergencies
ENHANCED CPD GUIDANCE FOR DENTAL PROFESSIONALS: GENERAL DENTAL COUNCIL
Under the new five-year Enhanced CPD cycle, dentists will have to complete 100 hours of verifiable CPD, with 75 hours for hygienists, dental therapists, clinical dental technicians and orthodontic therapists and 50 hours for dental nurses and dental technicians. The GDC require CPD to be undertaken regularly, at least 10 hours every 2 years. Evidence of general (non-verifiable) CPD will no longer be required but annual activity should still be declared.
Kingsbridge Training Academy have taken the necessary measures to ensure our courses meet the GDC’s educational criteria for verifiable Enhanced CPD. Each course is quality assured, with robust assessment methods in place and are regularly reviewed through delegate feedback in line with the Enhanced CPD guidance for the dental team.
You may like:
Dental Trilogy Package
General update in Disinfection and Decontamination
Aim: The aim of this session is to provide the dental team with an understanding of healthcare associated infections and the pathways which contribute to the transfer of organisms which cause disease.
- Describe what is meant by the term healthcare associated infections and detail their impact on patients and services.
- Outline ways in which organisms transfer from one person to another.
- Implement and maintain good practise in preventing cross infection/ List the interactions applicable to dental practice in the transfer of infection.
- Describe the role of hands in the transfer of infection.
- Understand the importance of applying asepsis principle and decontaminating equipment.
GDC outcomes: B, C
Oral Cancer Update
Aim: To develop an understanding oral cancer and related diseases relevant to the primary oral healthcare setting.
- Understand the incidence and pathology of oral cancer.
- Interpret the signs and symptoms of oral cancer.
- Carry out a thorough oral cancer screen.
- Know when and how to refer.
GDC outcome: C
CPR, AED and Management of Medical Emergencies
Aim: To develop practical skills in the management of child and adult patients presenting with medical emergencies.
- Recognise and treat medical emergencies within their scope of practice.
- Recognise signs of cardiac arrest, initiate compressions and safe defibrillation using an AED.
GDC outcome: C