Delegates will know how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse. You will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
Delegates will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as they can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get help.
Delegates will gain the knowledge and understanding of the following:
• How to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition.
• How to recognise and manage stress.
• How to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
• The impact of substance abuse on mental health.
• The first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place.
• How to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
You may like:
FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
On completion of the course delegates will have the ability to:
- Define mental health
- Indicate understanding of the stigma, surrounding mental health
- Identify factors that can affect a person’s mental health
- Understand the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Outline the advice that should be provided to a person suffering from a suspected mental health condition
- Know when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Identify signs of stress
- State how stress can be managed
- Identify signs and/or symptoms for the following mental health conditions:
- Eating disorders
- State potential effects of alcohol and drugs abuse on a person’s mental health
- Outline potential negative consequences of substance abuse a person’s employment and lifestyle
- Demonstrate the application of the first aid action plan for mental health
- State key factors in providing a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace