Update on Pancreatic Cancer
Dr Martin Eatock, Consultant Medical Oncologist
- Key stats including routes to diagnosis, survival by stage and need for early diagnosis.
- Discuss the physical, psychological and social factors which contribute to presentation in primary care.
- Assessment of pancreas symptoms, examinations, initial tests in primary care.
- Consider differential diagnoses, red flag symptoms and use of referral decision aids.
- Challenges for primary and secondary care.
Ten years of Bowel Cancer Screening in Northern Ireland
Dr Tracey Owen, Consultant in Public Health Medicine, Public Health Agency
- To understand how bowel cancer screening is delivered in Northern Ireland.
- To gain knowledge of how screening has improved early diagnosis for patients.
- To learn about imminent changes to the screening programme.
Improving management of patients with suspected oesophago-gastric cancer
Mr Andrew Kennedy, Upper GI Surgeon
- Which patients should be Red Flag referred as suspected oesophago-gastric cancer.
- What should they expect?