To ensure delegates are well informed with the current advice and policies surrounding the administration of vaccines.
- Identify the role and importance of immunisation update and vaccination.
- Identify the aims of immunisation, as well as describe national policy.
- Outline the correct storage and holding of immunisations.
- Outline a brief overview of the management of anaphylaxis, including drawing up adrenaline.
- Identify the differences between intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
- Outline the correct positioning of a child during administration.
- Explain the anatomy of landmarks
- Cover basic life support, including the recovery position.
This course involves an eLearning Module.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Describe Adult Intramuscular and Subcutaneous injections.
- Outline the process of vaccinating a child.
- Understand the importance and demonstrate successful reconstitution of vaccines.
- Describe and carry out Multi-Dose Draw.
- Locate thigh and deltoid landmarks.
- Recognise and treat Anaphylaxis.
- Manage and identify syncope (fainting).
- Administer Basic Life Support.
- Describe the Recovery Position.
- Recite changes to vaccine recommendation or national policy.
- Describe updated protocol on the ordering, storage and administration of vaccinations.