Be able to de-escalate and manage conflict in the workplace through the application of empowering strategies and techniques.
- Be able to anticipate and therefore prevent aggressive behaviour occurring, reducing the risk of violence.
- Evaluate the levels of risk through assessment.
- Be able to apply pre-cautionary measures.
- Understand the various models of communication.
- Understand the impact of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Gain an understanding on de-escalation techniques, and how to apply these.
- Understand the difference in restrictive and non-restrictive intervention, as well as what and when is appropriate.
- Be able to choose the correct and most appropriate course of action.
- Understand current legislation in regard to the use of force.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Prevent, anticipate and reduce the risk of violent and aggressive behaviour occurring by diffusing tension.
- Recognise and manage feelings and actions that lead to unsafe behaviour.
- Be confident and know how to act during conflict.
- Explain the de-escalation techniques and when to apply them.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of force and explain when to use physical restrictive and non-restrictive intervention.