This will provide healthcare professionals with a solid theoretical foundation in order to increase safe practice within Emergency Departments, Minor Injury Units and General Practice in relation to the assessment, examination and management of paediatric patients presenting with Minor Injuries.
- Be able to take Complete and Comprehensive history of paediatric patients
- Understand relevant anatomy and physiology including an overview of closed limb injuries of bones and soft tissue
- Identify overuse injuries
- Understand the Ottawa rules
- Gain an overview of Radiology
- Understand the appropriate involvement POLICE and other support
- Support and immobilise injuries using splints
- Be able to provide discharge advice
- Gain information surrounding foreign bodies
- Assess and manage non-life-threatening injuries to the following:
Please note, to be eligible for this training, you must have current employment and support to practice in an appropriate health care setting. It would be advantageous to have an allocated clinically experienced supervisor who will support your clinical practice.
You may like:
The Assessment and Management of Minor Injuries
The Assessment and Management of Minor Injuries Package