To provide an immunisation update on the latest developments and vaccination specifically relating to children and travel. The course is interactive and includes workshops and discussion.
- Identify the role and importance of immunisation update and vaccination.
- Identify the aims of immunisation, describe national policy and schedules and deal with variations to the schedule.
- Outline the legal framework of Immunisation.
- Outline the correct storage and holding of immunisations.
- Highlight importance of patient consent and recording.
- Outline a brief overview of the management of anaphylaxis.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Describe the Childhood Immunisation schedule for 2019.
- Review recent issues relating to vaccination schedules.
- Describe travel vaccines available.
- Critically analyse best methods used in the administration of vaccinations.
- Discuss storage (including cold chain), holding, consent and recording.
- Discuss the legal aspects of PGDs.
- Manage anaphylaxis according to Resuscitation Council UK guidelines (2008).