To provide participants with an understanding of the correct technique in the administration of injections.
- Outline the anatomical features of the Circulatory, Muscular and Nervous systems.
- Identify correct injection technique, positioning, holding and storage and cold chain.
- Discuss patient consent and recording.
- Demonstrate how to inject through the use of simulated devices.
- Outline a brief overview of the management of anaphylaxis.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the related anatomical features of the circulatory, muscular and nervous systems.
- Identify the current guidance and best practice in administering injections.
- Outline the correct storage of injections (including cold chain), holding, consent and recording.
- Outline a brief overview of the emergency management of anaphylaxis.
- Demonstrate the administration of injections using a simulated device.