To provide the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations and/or take on the role of emergency first aider in the workplace.
- Outline the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Identify how to assess an incident.
- Outline and demonstrate how to provide first aid to:
- an unresponsive casualty
- a casualty who is choking
- a casualty with external bleeding
- a casualty who is in shock
- a casualty with minor injuries.
Course certification: Final assessment will be through observation and one MCQ paper. Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work approved for the purpose of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and 1982 (NI), which is valid for 3 years. There is no requalification course which reduces the course duration. Once the qualification has expired, or is due to expire, the learner is required to undertake the course again in order to maintain the qualification.
You may like:
Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand their role as a first aider and their responsibilities to the workforce.
- Quickly and accurately assess an incident and prioritise their response.
- Identify and demonstrate how to treat an unresponsive casualty and a casualty who is choking.
- Demonstrate how to treat external bleeding and a range of minor injuries.
- Recognise a casualty who is in shock and demonstrate how you would respond to that situation.