To provide the knowledge, practical skills and procedures necessary to save the mother and fetus in life-threatening circumstances.
- Adult and neonatal resuscitation
- Emergency management of trauma and burns
- Obstetric and anaesthetic emergencies
- Obstetric haemorrhage
- Emergency management of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
- Complicated vaginal deliveries
- Emergency placental and cord problems
- Uterine rupture and inversion
- Cardiac arrest with PE
- Severe pre-eclampsia
You may like:
Transvaginal and Essential Obstetric Ultrasound Training Package (3 days)
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Demonstrate adult and neonatal resuscitation.
- Understand the emergency management of trauma and burns.
- Discuss how to manage obstetric and anaesthetic emergencies.
- Identify and deal with obstetric haemorrhage.
- Understand the emergency management of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.
- Understand complicated vaginal deliveries and what to do.
- Identify emergency placental and cord problems.
- Discuss uterine rupture and inversion.
- Discuss cardiac arrest with PE.
- Identify severe pre-eclampsia.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to commence on this course:
- O&G ST3 and above (must have MRCOG part 2)
- Anaesthetic candidates should have FRCA
- A&E candidates (contact for more information) Consultants, Staff Grades & Associate Specialists
- Observers e.g. Midwives (*Observers can be from any background other than those who would be eligible to be full candidates).
The manual, which is sent to candidates in advance of the course, should be read fully beforehand and the on-line (VLE) topics should be completed so that candidates can capitalise on the teaching provided.