To provide students with the skills, knowledge and confidence required to write a strong and relevant personal statement and focus on identifying strengths and achievements and using an appropriate structure.
- Outline correct structure, style and content of a good personal statement and identify the possible content of each student.
- Outline how to identify your strengths and achievements, and how to appropriately outline these within the personal statement.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Recognise and discuss their own achievements and positive qualities in preparation for writing their personal statement.
- Understand how to structure their personal statement including word count, type font and which important details to include.
- Outline what things to avoid and know where to go for further information and guidance about personal statements.