The purpose of this qualification is to develop skills and knowledge needed to prepare for employment in an education and training setting.
- Have the ability to attain the knowledge, understanding and skills required to prepare them for teaching in a wide range of contexts.
- Understand the various roles and responsibilities related to planning and delivering inclusive training sessions.
- Be able to assess students, giving them constructive and developmental feedback.
- Develop the knowledge of the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training.
- Gain insight of ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training.
This knowledge-based teaching qualification has no minimum teaching practice requirement, and therefore, may be undertaken by individuals who are not currently in a teaching or training role. This qualification and it’s learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of both the National Occupation Standards for Learning and Development, and 2014 Professional Standards for Teachers in Education and Training.
Please note: There are no formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Delegates consider a subject for delivery and hold the relevant qualifications and/or experience in their chosen area of expertise to be able to deliver it.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Explain the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training.
- Summarise key aspects of legislation, regulatory requirements and codes of practice relating to own role and responsibilities.
- Explain ways to promote equality and value diversity.
- Identify why it is important to identity and meet individual delegate needs.
- Define ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Explain why it is important to promote appropriate behaviour and respect for others.
- Demonstrate how the teaching role involves working with other professionals.
- Explain the boundaries between the teaching role and other professional roles.
- Describe points of referral to meet the individual needs of Learners.