To build an understanding of the specific roles and responsibilities related to planning and delivering inclusive training sessions as well as how to assess and give constructive and developmental feedback.
- Have the ability to attain the knowledge, understanding and skills required to prepare them for teaching in a wide range of contexts
- Understand the various roles and responsibilities related to planning and delivering inclusive training sessions
- Be able to assess students, giving them constructive and developmental feedback
- Develop the knowledge of the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Teach micro sessions by using a lesson plan, lectures and group discussion
- Gain insight of ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Assessment formats and their uses, including essays and formal tests
Please note, there are no formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that delegates consider a subject for delivery and hold the relevant qualifications and/or experience in their chosen area of expertise to be able to deliver it.
Upon successful completion, learners will achieve the nationally recognised Ofqual approved Level 3 Award in Education and Training Certificate.
This qualification and it’s learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of both the National Occupation Standards for Learning and Development, and 2014 Professional Standards for Teachers in Education and Training. It also replaces the Level 3 and Level 4 Awards in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS).
It is not a requirement for Learners to renew this qualification however it is recommended that they keep up to-date with current practice in teaching and learning through regularly participating in personal development opportunities.
The Qualsafe Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession. Some possible routes of progression are:
- Qualsafe Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (RQF)
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF)
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (RQF)
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Explain the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Summarise key aspects of legislation, regulatory requirements and codes of practice relating to own role and responsibilities
- Explain ways to promote equality and value diversity
- Identify why it is important to identity and meet individual delegate needs
- Define ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Explain why it is important to promote appropriate behaviour and respect for others
- Demonstrate how the teaching role involves working with other professionals
- Explain the boundaries between the teaching role and other professional roles
- Describe points of referral to meet the individual needs of Learners
This qualification contains 3 mandatory units with a Total Qualification Time (TQT) of 120 hours, 1 Practical assessment, and 3 learner workbooks.
The practical assessment includes a minimum period of 15 minutes of Microteaching, of which is prepared in the initial days of training. Microteaching is an activity where Learners prepare and deliver a short teaching and learning session to their peers and then evaluate their practice. Post course, attendees must complete 3 workbooks and return them to the training centre for official submission.
Learners must complete all assessments in all units successfully within the registration period to achieve the qualification. The maximum period to achieve this qualification, including any referrals is 12 months.
Unit 1: The Roles and Responsibilities of a Trainer and their relationships.
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training.
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training.
Unit 2: Lesson Planning, Learning Approaches and Inclusive Teaching.
- Understand inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Understand ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment.
- Be able to plan inclusive teaching and learning.
- Be able to deliver inclusive teaching and learning.
- Be able to evaluate the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning.
- Microteaching Assessment.
Unit 3: The Different Types of Assessments and their Uses.
- Understand types and methods of assessment used in education and training.
- Understand how to involve Learners and others in the assessment process.
- Understand the role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process.
- Understand requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training.