Refresh the skills and knowledge needed to administer safe, prompt, effective prehospital care in situations which can arise when providing emergency treatment and/or management.
- Gain up to date knowledge on the management of life-threating and non life-threatening illness and injuries
- Be able to assess and manage a patient’s airway
- Be able to safely use an AED during a resuscitation attempt
- Be able to administer emergency oxygen
- Be able to assess and manage trauma patients
- Be able to assess and manage catastrophic bleeding
- Be able to assess and manage chest injuries
- Know how to assess and manage wounds and eye injuries
- Know how to assess and manage a patient with burns or scalds
- Know how to manage a patient with sudden poisoning
- Be able to provide emergency care to a patient with head, spinal and musculoskeletal injuries
- Know how to identify and manage a patient experiencing breathing difficulties
- Know how to manage a patient with anaphylaxis
- Know how to assess and manage a patient with suspected major illness
- Know how to manage a patient who is actively convulsing
- Understand how to provide emergency care for the effects of environmental exposure
A certificate is provided upon successful completion, and is valid for three years, after which attendees must re-qualify.
Delegates must hold a FREC3 qualification and must be willing to provide evidence of this prior to attending the FREC3 Refresher training. We accept certificates up until 90 days after their expiry.
You may like:
Qualsafe Level 3 First Response Emergency Care (RQF) – FREC3