To provide theory behind gynaecology ultrasound, and provide invaluable hands-on practical sessions to enhance the trainees scanning skills.
- Essentials of practical physics, safety and instrumentation
- Principles of transvaginal scanning
- TVS – normal anatomy and abnormalities
- Early pregnancy and its problems
- Imaging techniques in fertility and assisted reproduction techniques.
Practical sessions include:
- Basic physics of the equipment
- Blue Phantom ultrasound scanning simulator.
Delegates should be aware that there will be interactive practical sessions as well as case-based discussions, which will be used to review common dilemmas, rare conditions and advanced ultrasound techniques (5 CME points approved through NIMDTA).
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the essentials of practical physics, safety and instrumentation.
- Identify the core principles of transvaginal scanning.
- Outline normal anatomy and abnormalities.
- Discuss early pregnancy and its problems.
- Understand various imaging techniques in fertility, and assisted reproduction techniques.
- Outline the basic physics of the equipment used for scanning.
- Demonstrate on the Blue Phantom ultrasound scanning simulator.