This course is delivered by experienced surgeons with a wide range of knowledge and experience in teaching, and all trainees receive continual feedback and assessment throughout the two days.
A certificate recognised by The Royal College of Surgeons will be issued to those that successfully complete this course.
The course has been agreed on an intercollegiate basis and trainees who complete the course will be issued with certification that will be reciprocally recognised by all four Royal Surgical Colleges.
This course is suitable for FY1, FY2, ST1/CT1 and ST2/CT2 and SCPs.
After attending this course, participants should have gained core skills in open surgery, electrosurgery and endoscopic surgery. They should be able to:
• Demonstrate safe operating techniques.
• Use a variety of surgical knots safely and effectively.
• Confidently handle and use surgical instruments.
• Handle tissues confidently with due regard to their unique properties.
• Use endoscopic instruments in a practical and safe way.
• Discuss the practical, safe use of electrosurgery.