To provide knowledge of fire hazards, legislation, and how to act safely in the event of an emergency fire situation, including selecting and using the correct fire extinguisher.
- Discuss basic fire safety including hazard identification.
- Outline appropriate action to take on discovering a fire and self-safety and who is responsible for calling the emergency services.
- Outline the location of non-automated fire equipment, the fire escape route and the assembly points within the workplace.
- Identify how fires can start and the common causes of fire.
- Discuss how fires spread, how they are extinguished and the safe use of fire extinguishers.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Discuss the current fire safety legislation and actions to take on discovering a fire.
- Outline potential causes of fire and how they can spread.
- Appropriately contact emergency services in the event of a fire.
- Locate the fire equipment, the fire escape routes and the assembly points.
- Demonstrate the safe use of fire extinguishers.