To gain knowledge on how to effectively prepare and successfully complete the UCAT aptitude test, as well as the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to write a strong and relevant personal statement.
- Outline correct structure, style and content of a good personal statement and identify the possible content of each student.
- Outline how to identify your strengths and achievements, and how to appropriately outline these within the personal statement.
- Assistance planning, drafting and reviewing your personal statement that matches attributes with university requirements.
- Become acquainted with the UCAT process.
- Outline the various test strategies and discuss which will work best for you.
- Practise proven score-boosting techniques.
- Learn how to approach each type of question.
- Complete mock exam questions.
- Identify areas of weakness to target for improvement.
- Understand the significance of each section, as well what it wants you to demonstrate:
- Abstract Reasoning section.
- Verbal Reasoning section.
- Decision Making section.
- Quantitative Reasoning section.
- Situational Judgement section.
Amplify your chances of receiving an offer. Book our Application and Interview Skills Preparation Package to enroll on 3 courses (UCAT Preparation, Personal Statement Workshop and Interview Skills) and save £60!
Application and Interview Skills Preparation Package
UCAT Preparation Course
Personal Statement Workshop
Interview Skills Preparation for Students Applying to Medical, Dental & Veterinary School
Interview Skills Preparation for Students Applying to Nursing and Midwifery
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Recognise and discuss their own achievements and positive qualities in preparation for writing their personal statement.
- Understand how to structure their personal statement including word count, type font and which important details to include.
- Outline what things to avoid and know where to go for further information and guidance about personal statements.
- Discuss the UCAT test.
- Understand different test strategies.
- Discuss the abstract reasoning section of the test.
- Discuss the verbal reasoning section of the test.
- Discuss the decision making section of the test.
- Discuss the quantitative reasoning section of the test.
- Discuss to situational judgement section of the test.