To provide knowledge and an understanding of individual roles and responsibilities within the safeguarding of children including recognising and responding to abuse.
- Identify different types of abuse.
- Outline signs of abuse and how to recognise them.
- Discuss the role as a professional.
- Identify recent changes in legislation and guidance affecting your work.
- Discuss scenario based exercises.
- Outline confidentiality and sharing information
You may like:
Clinical Skills for Healthcare Assistants Training
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Describe the signs and indicators of child abuse and maltreatment.
- Be able to state own/colleagues roles, responsibilities and those of other agencies.
- Demonstrate the principles/dilemmas of information sharing.
- Describe the key principles of documentation when there are safeguarding concerns.
- Identify different types of abuse and how to recognise.
- Discuss the relevant legislation relating to child protection.
- Discuss how to access relevant resources to help inform assessment.