To provide up to date knowledge on adult protection and an overview of child protection helping delegates to recognise potential abuse and know what to do if they believe an individual is at risk.
- Discuss adult harm and how it should not be tolerated.
- Identify the signs of harm from abuse, exploitation and neglect.
- Outline opportunities for harm from abuse, exploitation and neglect to occur.
- Discuss when to report safeguarding concerns to HSC Trusts or the PSNI including Reporting and Recording procedures.
- Identify the signs and indicators of child abuse and contributory factors.
- Discuss record keeping.
- Discuss how to respond appropriately to child safeguarding issues.
- Outline the roles within an organisation and how they should use the safeguarding policies and procedures
You may like:
Dental CPD Day
Dental Trilogy Package
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Define abuse and identify who is at risk, with both children and adults.
- Identify the signs of abuse and demonstrate what to do if you become aware of abuse.
- Discuss what to record, how report and share information about abuse.
- Discuss the relevant legislation in relation to safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- Outline the responsibility that healthcare professionals have, in reporting and responding to possibly signs of abuse in both children and adults.